Many times, it is more economical to repair or rewind than to replace your motors and generators. Whether it’s a small or large industrial motor or generator, we do a thorough inspection and advise you as to what is your most cost effective option. All repairs and rewinds are delivered back to you in “like new” condition, and backed by our repair warranty, which often exceeds that offered by the original equipment manufacturer. The Schulz Group facilities are equipped to handle repairs, rewinds and overhauls in-house up to 8,000 HP. However, please note that within the broader Timken Power Systems network, we can handle rewinds up to 50,000 HP.
The Schulz Group offers a wide variety of testing to ensure that your industrial motor, generator or gearbox will exceed your performance expectations.
- Full voltage testing to 13,000V AC; 1200V DC
- Dynamometers:fractional to 1500 HP, varies per RPM, both vertical and horizontal
- Core loss testing with infrared images
- EL CID testing
- Data acquisition systems including the ADRE system by GE Bently-Nevada
- Hi-pot, surge, and power factor testing of all size motors and generators
- Switchgear testing and maintenance
- Full-speed, unloaded test of every overhauled gearbox
Vacuum Pressure Impregnation Systems (VPI)
A motor winding that undergoes VPI is virtually impervious to oil, moisture, and chemical contaminants.
- VPI provides a 100% solid mass structure that gives you the greatest mechanical strength
- A cooler running motor due to superior heat dissipation, with the highest level of environmental protection
- Used for AC and DC motor stators, armatures, field coils, transformers, and applications such as lifting magnets
- Vacuum Pressure Impregnation Systems (VPI)
- Dynamic Balancing
Proper balancing promotes longer bearing life. Nearly anything that rotates, or is supported on bearings that allow it to rotate, needs balancing to ensure quality performance and equipment reliability. The Schulz Group can provide dynamic balancing up to 60,000 lbs.
Laser alignment increases operating time of equipment, increases productivity, and decreases down time. Laser alignment, performed by a properly trained technician, provides more accurate alignment than feeler gauges or dial indicators, in less time.
Replacement Coils and Winding
All coils are inspected for fit, finish, electrical soundness and dielectric integrity. Coils are hi-pot tested to ensure insulation values and surge tested at 100% of the determined original test voltage.
- Armature coils
- Brake coils
- DC field & interpole coils
- 13,200v available
- AC synchronous field coils
- 460v AC to 6000v AC VPI form-wound stator coils
- Specialty control coils